- Aquira has two different Server configuration options: Database Server and Aquira Service Host installed on the same Server machine or Database Server and Aquira Service host installed on separate Server machines. (Recommended for larger sites - please consult with RCS about system configuration and specifications).
- O/S: Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 1 (R2) or Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 is required for optimal multi-user performance. See the end of this document regarding Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2012.
- IIS: must be added as a Windows component if you plan to use OneClick deployment over the internet as well as Aquira Online.
- .NET: .NET Framework Version 3.5 Service Pack 1 is required, up to and including Aquira Version 2.0. A minimum of .NET Framework Version 4.0 is required for Aquira Version 2.1 onwards.
- SQL Server 2012: With SQL Server 2012 Management Objects installed. See the end of this document regarding SQL Server 2012.
SQL: SQL Server must have the SQL Server 2008 Management Objects installed. SQL Server 2008 Express: With SQL Server 2008 Management Objects installed. With SQL Server 2012 Management Objects installed.
While we do support SQL Server 2008 Express, there are many limitations and SQL Server 2008 Standard is the preferred option. Please contact RCS for advice on using SQL Server 2008 Express.
The SQL Server 2008 Management Objects are: SQLSysClrTypes.msi and SharedManagementObjects.msi which come in 32 and 64 bit variants. See http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/9/a/b9a78047-d269-4a25-88a1-9c4321d90677/instructions_enu.htm for further information and downloads.
SQLXML 4.0 (sqlxml4.msi) is required when creating a new Aquira Database using all versions of SQL Server 2008.
- Processor: 3 GHz or faster recommended
- RAM: 4GB or higher recommended for small sites - 1 to 2 Stations with max 3 concurrent Users. 16GB or higher recommended for larger sites - 3 or more Stations with 4 or more concurrent Users.
Disk space: 150MB minimum disk space required for server application installation.
Overall disk space will depend on the database size.
For larger SQL Servers the following disk configuration is recommended:
|2 disks in RAID 1||
Windows 2008 R2 x64
|10K RPM minimum||
SQL System databases (including tempdb)
|4+ disks in RAID 5 or 0+1 |
(or a Solid-State disk for optimum performance)
|SQL Data files for Aquira|
2 disks in RAID 1
|SQL Log file for the Aquira database only|
SMTP is required for Aquira if you wish to use Email Notifications.
- O/S: Windows 7 Ultimate or Professional (excluding Windows 7 Home Premium), Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 or higher) and Windows 8 (with some known errors - please contact RCS for further information. See the end of this document regarding Windows XP.
- Microsoft Office: Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 for Copywriting operation. See the end of this document regarding Office 2013.
- Processor: 2 GHz or faster recommended
- RAM: 2 GB or higher recommended
- Disk space: 400MB minimum disk space required for workstation application installation, 110MB for OneClick.
- Connectivity: Each workstation must have access to the Aquira Server via your internal network or via a V.P.N. connection. Terminal Server is not recommended.
- .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is required, up to and including Aquira Version 2.0.
- A minimum of .NET Framework 4.0 is required for Aquira Version 2.1 onwards. .NET Framework 4.5 is required for Aquira Version 2.1 onwards.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Standalone workstation minimum requirements are the same as the Client Workstation requirements mentioned above. This configuration is an option only for very small sites (1 to 2 Stations with max 2 concurrent users).
- A Server / Client configuration on a Windows Domain is still recommended over a Standalone configuration on a Windows Workgroup.
- A Windows Domain configuration is recommended over a Windows Workgroup. Please contact RCS if you are using Windows Workgroups.
These are minimum requirements, so feel free to exceed them. Get as much power and free space as you can. For Internet connectivity and servers, RCS supports a Microsoft network using TCP/IP on a brand name, server quality computer.
- RCS does not actively develop or test Aquira in Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 or older operating systems.
- Server 2012 (IIS 8.0), SQL Server 2012 and Microsoft Office 2013 are currently in QA.
- Please contact RCS for advice before installation.